I keep losing this recipe I have posted on Facebook so I’m putting it here to avoid spending so much time looking for it. The recipe I use is based on this recipe. I’ve modified to be easier on blood sugar and has fewer calories.
- 3/4 cup Irish whiskey (I used Jameson, the original recipe called for 1 2/3 c. but I find it too strong)
- 1 c 10% cream (the original recipe called for 35% cream)
- 1 can fat free Carnation milk (the original recipe called for sweetened condensed milk but I want to avoid blood sugar spikes)
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (add an extra tbsp. if you like it more chocolaty)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee (or you can use about 4 tbsp. cold prepared coffee, but I find it better with instant)
- 1.5 - 2 tbsp. baking Splenda, depending how sweet you like it
Place all ingredients in a 1 litre mason jar, cover, and shake well. Refrigerate and serve cold.