Who doesn’t love stew? Especially when it’s cold out, nothing warms and soothes quite like it. Here’s how I do mine in our 6 qt Instant Pot (IP).
- about 3 lbs beef, cubed, trimmed of fat
- about 5 med. potatoes, cubed
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- about 4 or 5 stalks of celery, cut up in chunks
- 2 large onions, cut in eighths
- Other veggies (optional, just watch your IP space limits)
- 4 c water
- 2 packets gravy (I usually use French’s) or make a thickening agent of water, salt, and flour
Set the IP to the sauté setting and let the beef brown while you prepare the veggies. Turn the beef a couple of times to get both sides browned. Add vegetables and water to the IP. Cover and set to “Meat” setting and let it pressure cook for 45 minutes. Everything will be so tender when it’s done. I do a quick release when it’s done. Remove cover and set to sauté. Add gravy packets or thickening agent and stir well. Let the gravy heat a little for about 10 minutes. Give it one final stir and serve.