I’m calling this mousse because it has a mousse-like texture to it. There is no cream used in it and it’s weight-loss friendly.
I got some nutritional info from caloriecount.
Pumpkin’s good points:
* Low in saturated fat
* No cholesterol
* Very low in sodium
* Very high in dietary fiber, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C
* High in manganese, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, potassium
* Very high in sugar
If you don’t have a problem with natural sugar and like pumpkin, I’m sure you’ll find this recipe amazing. I just threw things together that I thought would be good. This is about 175 calories for the whole thing.
- 1/3 c pure pumpkin purée (I used E.D. Smith)
- 1/2 c 1% cottage cheese
- A splash of skim milk (about 1/3 c.)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon (you could use some nutmeg in it too)
- 3/4 Tbsp. brown sugar (I use Splenda)
In a food processor or Magic Bullet, combine all ingredients and mix well until light and creamy. Serve cold. It’s as easy as that!