From the Canadian Living Test Kitchen (I trust their recipes)…
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet green pepper
In large Dutch oven or saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard, celery seeds, turmeric and hot pepper sauce to boil. Stir in corn, onions and celery; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until softened, about 20 minutes.
Whisk flour with 3 tbsp (45 mL) cold water; whisk into pan. Add red and green peppers; bring to boil and cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Fill hot 1-cup (250 mL) canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) headspace. Cover with prepared lids. Screw on bands until resistance is met; increase to fingertip tight. Boil in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.