It’s been a while since I posted anything in here and am trying to put together a meal plan for myself from recipes I’ve found in Chatelaine, Canadian Living, etc. They’ll be fairly easy for me to make and will use a lot of ingredients that I have on hand already so grocery shopping will be a little easier for me.
- 10 oz. (284ml) can of undiluted chicken broth (use your own chicken broth if you can make it)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) each of cinnamon and chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion
- 6 slim carots (or use baby carot equivalent)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 6 skinless, boneless thighs
- 2 slim zucchini
- 1 tbsp (15ml) brown sugar or honey (you can use sugar-free brownsugar)
- 1/4 cup (50ml) each golden raisins and thinly sliced dried apricots
Pour broth into a large, wide saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Stir in seasonings and garlic. Meanwhile, slice onion into wedges and carrots into bite-size lengths. Add to broth. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Boil gently until carrots begin to soften slightly, about 5 min.
Meanwhile, slice each chicken breast into 3 pieces. Slice zucchini into thick rounds. Then stir into broth with sugar, raisins and apricots. Increase heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is springy when pressed, 7 to 10 min. Delicious over couscous or rice.