This recipe contains an average of 2 grams of fat per serving. Serves 6
- 1 chicken cut up and skinned (or use only breast for less fat)
- 7 or 8 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 or 5 small onions, peeled
- 4 med carrots, peeled and cut into 3″ pieces
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1 14 oz can low-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots in a baking dish. Mix wine, broth, and lemon juice and pour over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle on garlic, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Bake uncovered 40 – 45 min. or until chicken is fork tender. Turn chicken and vegetables occasionally and baste with pan juice (if juices evaporate too quickly add more chicken broth).
Transfer to a serving platter, arranging vegetables and chicken and sprinkle with parsley.