This recipe contains 3 grams of fat per serving. Serves 2
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 c cold water
- 1/2 c sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-oz can whole tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 c frozen kernel corn
- 3/4 c uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tbsp chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 c water
Heat a nonstick skillet, add chicken and sprinkle with chili powder and cumin. Add 1/4 c water, green onions, and garlic. Saute until the chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, corn, rice, chiles, and 1/2 c water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 – 10 min. or until the rice is done.