I wasn’t following a recipe for this one and it turned out quite well. I had the ingredients on hand and came up with it (the fun way to cook!). This makes a lot but is good for a few people eating or for refrigerating for a meal a little later during the week.
- 3 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Italian fine herbs
- 1 container of fat-free sour cream
- 14 oz of canned tomatoes (half a large can) including half of the liquid
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (for a little kick)
- 1 tsp salt (I use No Salt)
- 3 cups rigatoni (or similar sized pasta
- 1 tbsp parsley (fresh or flakes)
In a dutch oven or large frying pan, sautee the pressed garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add chicken to the pan and fry until cooked and turning sides (about 10 minutes).
Prepare pasta as directed on the package (do not rinse).
Combine sour cream and canned tomatoes. Add sour cream mixture to the chicken and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
Drain pasta and add to the pan along with parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes and mix well. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with Parmesan cheese (optional)