I was a little inspired by that Philadelphia cream cheese commercial where Albert is cooking for the angel. I bet cooking with Albert would be pretty heavenly ;-) This makes a lot, you can refrigerate the leftovers.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bag of Europe’s Best Zen Garden vegetables
- 1/2 package of Sun Bird Chicken Thai Seasoning Mix (found in your local grocery store)
- 1 package of Knorr Alfredo mixture
- 1 1/2 c. milk for the Alfredo mixture
- 1 brick of light cream cheese (cubed, room temperature)
- 1/2 large pack of pasta (a chunkier pasta like rigatoni works well)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (a little more if you like garlic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grape tomatoes (optional)
- Chicken or Sausage (optional)
Make the Knorr Alfredo sauce as directed (I don’t use butter or margarine; my bad!) and set it aside.
In a large skillet, saute the contents of the Zen Garden vegetalbles with the olive oil and add the 1/2 package of Thai Chicken seasoning with the garlic.
Prepare your pasta as directed (al dente) (do not rinse when done).
When the vegetables have been well sauteed, add the cream cheese cubes and melt until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the pasta. Add the tomatoes and chicken or sausage at this point too. Pour the Alfredo mixture on top and blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let simmer for about 5 minutes over a low heat. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top (if desired).