Courtesy of Carolyn 🙂
- Brie cheese (a 300 gram one – or if you want a big one 500 gram one)
- A sheet of puff pastry (I used the President’s Choice all butter one)
- Half a ripe mango, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 tsp Thai green Chili paste
- 2 tbsp red pepper jelly (sweet, not spicy.. but spicy if you want I guess)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking coconut
- 1 egg
- About a cup of President’s Choice Memories of Bengal Mango Curry Sauce
Roll out the pastry in a baking dish (pref. only about a 2″ gap between the edge and the size of brie) and put the brie in the middle. In a bowl, stir together the chopped mango, the curry paste, the red pepper jelly and the garlic. Pour it over the brie.
In a dry frying pan, toast most of the coconut over med/high heat, stirring constantly, until browned. Sprinkle over the mango &brie. Fold the pastry up and over the brie, making sure there are no gaps. Beat the egg in a bowl and brush over the pastry. Sprinkle the rest of the untoasted coconut on top.
Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes. Then pour the cup (to taste) of Mango Curry sauce around the baked brie in the dish. Serve with slices of French bread and/or apple slices to spread the baked brie on.