I was hungry and searching through my pantry. I noticed I had some canned meat I figure I should use up since I don’t like wasting food. I will list what I used, but keep in mind, you can use substitutions. If you want to use only 1 type of canned meat (I used 3) or fish/seafood, that’s ok. This makes quite a bit (maybe about 8 sandwiches). If you don’t want that much, cut the recipe in thirds.
- 1 can crab meat (you can use imitation crab meat – about 5 oz.)
- 1 can flakes of ham
- 1 can flakes of turkey
- About 3/4 c. mayo (I use light mayo)
- About 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 brick of softened cream cheese
- About 1 c. of coleslaw (the kind you get at the supermarket in a bag)
- About 2 tsp. dry jerk rub
- Optional: finely chopped peppers, onions, and/or celery totalling 1 cup
Drain the canned meats and place the contents in a medium to large mixing bowl. Crush the meat until it’s well separated. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until it has a smooth consistency. Add more dry jerk rub if desired. Spread on bread or bagels and serve. Add salt and pepper if desired.