This is a quick recipe I came up with. The great thing about pasta is that you can add just about anything to it and it will taste fantastic. Some other ingredients that would go well with this are bell peppers and mushrooms.
- 1 package of pasta (I don’t suggest spaghetti but if it’s all you have on hand, go for it!)
- About 1 c. of diced chicken or Italian sausage
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic (more or less depending on how much you like garlic; of course, I use about 2 tsp.)
- Cubed mozzarella cheese (how much depends on how much you like cheese! I usually put in about 3/4 cup)
- About 5 tbsp. roasted red pepper salad dressing (I’ve also used sun-dried tomato dressing and it works very well)
- Parmesan cheese (as much as you like!)
Prepare pasta as directed. Drain (Do not rinse! Keeping the starch on it allows the sauce to adhere to it better.) Add all ingredients except the Parmesan cheese in a pot. Simmer at a low heat and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese. This can be served hot as a main dish or cold as a pasta salad.