Thanks to Pampered Chef parties for this recipe. I didn’t actually follow the recipe as I was making it and going from memory (but I have a bad memory!). This is similar to the Pampered Chef recipe with a couple modifications that turned out delicious just the same! Enjoy
- Cubed cooked chicken (the BBQ’d chicken already made from the grocery store is good for this), how much depends on how many is eating, use your best judgement
- Grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 4 tbsp. dry jerk rub
- 1 bag of nacho or tortilla chips (or do what I do and make your own by cutting up soft tortilla shells and throwing them in the oven on a pizza stone)
- About 4 tbsp. lemon juice (the original recipe called for lime but I didn’t have it)
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow or Orange pepper
Place tortillas on a dish that can go into the oven (a pizza stone works well). Mix the chicken, cheese, 1/2 c. yogurt or sour cream, and 2 tbsp. of the jerk rub together in a bowl. When thoroughly mixed, spread it on the tortilla chips and bake in the oven at 385 degrees F. for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on them as oven temperatures do vary).
In the meantime, to make the salsa, finely chop the peppers (you could add tomatoes to it if you want). Put them in a bowl and add the lemon juice to them and mix.
Next take the 1/2 c. sour cream and put it in a ziploc baggie. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. of jerk rub and seal the bag. Mix it well in the bag then put it aside for later.
Remove the nachos from the oven when they’re done and spread the salsa over them. Cut a small piece off the corner of the bag with sour cream in it and squeeze the contents over the nachos then dig in!