This dip is awesome! I added a little Emmental cheese to the top of it before
baking it. I love cheese!
- 6 oz (175 g) fresh broccoli florets, chopped (1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red pepper, chopped
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup/50 mL), divided
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 oz (125 g) cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s light mayo)
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- Baked Pita Chips or crackers
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Chop broccoli, onion, and red pepper;
place in a batter bowl. Grate Parmesan cheese using a cheese grater; add 2 tbsp/30 mL to batter bowl and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Add cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and black pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture into small baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top and surround with baked pita chips or crackers for serving.